Sunday, October 15, 2017

2017 Race Record

In 2017, I raced in 13 events at 12 different venues.  I entered 46 races and started 44 of them on nine different bikes owned by five different people, including myself.  I had four DNFs, one of which was a crash, and two practice crashes, for a total of three which seems to be my average.  I had 29 firsts, 6 seconds, 7 thirds and one each fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh.  I won AHRMA's 350GP and 500 Premiere Championship.  In AHRMA's 350GP class, I had 13 wins, 2 seconds, a third and DNS in the 17 races that I entered.  In the 500 Premiere class, I 'won' both days at Roebling Road when I was the only entrant.  At Sonoma, Andrew Mauk won both days against token opposition while I was in the same races, but in a different class, starting behind, but finishing well ahead on Andrew both days.  At Gingerman, Andrew was 1st both days and I was 3rd and 2nd.  At Road America, Andrew was 2nd and 1st, while I was 5th and 3rd.  Andrew didn't go to New Jersey M/S Park, but I won both days against somewhat more credible opposition than he had at Sonoma.  At Utah M/S Campus, I beat Andrew both days, Sat. by 0.010 seconds, Sun. by 0.217 seconds, two excellent races.  At Barber, Andrew won decisively and I was third.  But, Andrew was denied the chance to beat me again as Sunday's racing was canceled.  If we had raced on Sunday, if Andrew won he would have won the championship.  If he finished 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, I would have had to win to win the championship and if he finished 5th (i.e. finished the first lap, as there were only 5 starters) I would have had to finish 1st or 2nd to win the championship.  Points and championships are arbitrary and therefore don't mean much, but the satisfaction I had racing with Andrew, win or lose, means a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Mr. Roper. You continue to set the standard in my book.
    Stu Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I can just find a proper race bike to throw a leg over and stuff you in a corner or two or three, my season will be complete............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Informative and interesting Blog! Beautifully written, as usual, I like the post. Thank you so much for nice sharing with us. Keep posting!

    Valvetrain Components

    ReplyDelete