Saturday, May 17, 2014

Western Swing II

Thursday at Sonoma, just as I was going out for the Class 'C' race, I noticed the seam on one of the fingers of my glove had split.  This was probably damage from cold tire practice crash on the Brammo electric bike I had at Willow Springs five days earlier.  After the race, I tried to do a bodge repair on the glove with 'Shoe Goo' after asking around and not being able to find any needle and thread.  Minutes later, I ran into Lee Block.  He reminded me that we used to race together at Bryar M/S Pk in Loudon, N.H., back in the good ol' days.  Now he's living in Ca.  I asked him what he was doing now and he told me he was the distributor for the Austrian company Racer Gloves.  Just the man I wanted to see!  I told him my tale of woe with my old gloves and he tightened me up with a new pair of Racer Gloves.  Just in the nick of time and they worked great.  Thanks, Lee.
More evidence that I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
Photos by Lee Block

No comments:

Post a Comment